Cooking Classes at Culinary Compulsion:
Dance, cook, reminisce and eat! This isn’t your ordinary cooking class!
Culinary Compulsion has been writing about food’s intrinsic connection to life and now we cook!
Come join Alona Martinez for:
- a delicious 3-hour class, where we will
- recreate and explore our unique connection to food and
- learn a bit about each other along the way!
Uncover your senses through the preparation of exquisite yet simple meals!
In the intimate setting of Alona’s home kitchen, the class format will include 2 hours of demonstration, hands-on preparation and shared story telling. The cooking class will culminate with a heart-warming and unforgettably tasty sit-down lunch.
Due to the intimate nature of our classes, class size is limited to 5 students. Cost is $75.00, per class or $50.00 for a package of any four classes. All participants will receive
- a print-out of all recipes created as well as
- a complimentary Food Journal to begin documenting your culinary memories!
- aprons are available for use during the class and can be purchased for an additional $20.00.
Participants are asked to wear comfortable shoes and encouraged to bring music of their choice!
Culinary Compulsion is happy to offer gift certificates as well as personally designed lessons!
For more details, contact Alona at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave the Light On: A Romantic Dinner for Two
- Cream of Asparagus Soup
- Chicken Marbella
- Parleyed Rice
- Blushing Pears
Name your hottest encounter, if you dare!
When Irish Bellies are Smiling: A St. Paddy’s Day Celebration
- Warm Cabbage Salad with Bacon and Roquefort
- Beef in Guinness
- Whisky Baked Ham
- Bailey’s Irish Cream Cheesecake
Do you wear green on March 17th? Are you a rule follower or not and why?!
Extra Special Easter Celebration
- Shrimp Mousse with Dill-Pistachio Pesto
- Sliced Baked Ham Served with Two Stellar Sauces:
- Peach-Rhubarb Sauce & Green Peppercorn Mustard Sauce
- Asparagus Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Key Lime Bundt Cake
Spring is in the air: Share a story of revival!
A Family Passover Dinner
- Sagrario’s Church Haroset
- Aunt Miriam’s Gefilte Fish
- Alona’s Cilantro Matzo Ball Soup
- Marilyn’s Roasted Leg of Lamb with Fresh Rosemary
- Ariel’s Israeli Salad
- Yeshua’s Drunken Chocolate Matzo Cake
What’s your proudest story of survival and resilience?
Mother’s Day Her Way: Breakfast Options
- Drunk French Toast with Honey Grilled Oranges
- Eggs Benedict with Lox and Spiked Hollandaise Sauce
- Slow Cooked Chive Scrambled Eggs
- Raspberry Mango Pancakes
- Mama’s Mimosa
Name your biggest challenge as a mother? As a daughter? Name
your biggest joy.
Visitemos Venezuela: A Visit to Venezuela
- Pabellon: The Venezuelan National Dish
- Shredded Beef with Cumin Glaze
- Hearty Black Beans
- Fluffy White Rice
- Fried Plantains
- Ensalada de Repollo (Cabbage Cilantro Salad)
- Banana Titiaro (Rum-Infused Bananas)
Pabellon is a Venezuelan tradition: share a tradition of yours!
Independence Day Celebration
- Best Burgers
- Speedy Skewers
- Mom’s Chocolate Brownies
- Fruit Kebabos
July 4th is a big day for our country: what’s a big day for you and why?
- Tapas: Camarones al Ajillo (Garlic Shrimp)
- Manchego Munches: Manchego Cheese, Prosciutto & Pear Wraps
- Tortilla de Patata (Potato Tortilla)
- Paella de Mariscos (Seafood Paella)
- Chocolate Rum Flan
Ole! Language barriers can halt you or inspire you: where do you
stand on communication?
Escape To The Mediterranean
- Smoked Babaganoush
- Ariel’s Israeli Salad
- Mesmerizing Mousaka
- Crème Bavaria
Describe your ideal 24 hours.
A Jewish New Year Celebration
- Sweet Potato Soup
- Chicken Braised with Tropical Fruit
- Rice with Golden Raisins
- Fresh Ginger Kugel
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
What’s the sweetest thing you’ll do this New Year?
- Carrot-Orange Soup
- Stuffed Cabbage in Cranberry Glaze
- Spinach salad with fresh figs and walnuts
- Plum raspberry upside-down cake
What will you be harvesting this fall?
To Fish or Not To Fish? Easy Seafood Recipes
- Sauted Tilapia Almondine
- Baked Snapper with Herb Stuffing
- Salmon with Soy Glaze
- Shrimp and Mango Kebabs
- Baked Squash Risotto
- Grilled Baby Tomatoes
- Best Chocolate Cake with Fudge Frosting
You conquered fish! What’s left to conquer in you?
Trick or Treat Yourself
- Pumpkin Soup Cauldrons
- Lamb Chop Broomsticks with Braised Baby Carrots
- Asparagus Swords
- Wild Rice Laced with Fresh Cranberries
- Eyeball Cupcakes
What’s your best disguise and why?
Stepping Out of the Mold: Cranberry Sauces
- Tropical Cranberry Relish
- Drunken Cranberry Sauce
- Cranberry-Currant Conserve
- Pepper and Cranberry Jelly
What’s the biggest disaster you’ve tasted?
A Traditional Turkey Dinner
- Roasted Turkey with Walnut Apple Stuffing
- Marilyn’s Famous Gravy
- Sherry Creamed Onions
- Walnut Blue Cheese Salad
- Whipped Sweet Potatoes
Family Gatherings: Disastrous or Delightful? Share your story with us!
Perfect Dips for the Holidays
- Three Layer Pesto Dip
- Spicy Artichoke Dip
- Crab Dip
Double Dip Hazards? Tell us your sloppiest story!
Turkey: The Day After
- Cranberry Turkey Wraps
- Croquetas de Pavo (Turkey Croquettes)
- Curried Turkey Stew
- Asian Turkey Slaw
How Do You Feel The Day After? Spill and tell all!
Proud to Fry: Celebrating Hanukah
- Uncle Joe’s Famous Latkes
- Pecan Fried Chicken
- Soufganiot (Israeli Jelly Doughnuts)
Allow Grease: letting down your guard for one day. What would you
A Venezuelan Christmas Dinner
- Pan De Jamon (Ham Bread)
- Pernil Navideno (Christmas Pork Leg)
- Ensalada del Ano Nuevo (New Years’ Salad)
- Pairing Drink: Pato Frio (Cold Duck)
Share a favorite trip experience!
KIDS COOKING CLASSES AVAILABLE TOO!